Wednesday, December 10, 2008

If the Grinch had a wife.....

.....her name would be Kelly Bird! It is already December 10th and we are nowhere near ready for Christmas. Tim and McGwire put the tree up Sunday afternoon but we haven't had a chance to decorate it yet. It doesn't even have lights on it yet. It's just a nekkid tree!

Tim said he would kill me if I posted this picture but it was too good to pass up!

I was able to wrap a pretty good portion of gifts while the boys were in Canada and they are sitting nicely on the dining room table awaiting their home under the tree. Who knows when they will actually make it to their home.

:note to self: pass on the blue wrapping paper next time. Even if it is on super duper sale!

Poor Tim has a lot to do fo me: print the Christmas letter, take and print all of the pictures that we need for cards and gifts, make more gift tags, and still find time to shop for my gifts on Christmas Eve. How will he ever do it all??

Luckily, he was able to make these tags this past weekend. He is so good to me.

Since we are running so far behind on decorating, Tim promised me that we would only put up a tree and maybe a wreath on the door. Normally our entire house is decorated. Bedrooms and everything!! But I just don't have the time or energy this year. Here's the extent of our Christmas decor:

6 comments:

kayla said...

Okay, classic pic of Tim with the rabbit ears!! I love it! And I also love the tags he made! Joel needs to be more willing to help me out with stuff like that! I got really thin wooden letters and glittered them up and used them on the presents...I love how they look but, I'm not sure if they were worth all the time!!

JPB said...

Look at Kayla throwing me under the bus. She'll have to be disciplined. Hey, I did read somewhere that the blue wrapping paper was for Hanukkah...put on your yamaka.

Unknown said...

Kelly, don't feel bad, I don't even HAVE tree. I decided I wanted a tall, skinny, woodsy one and well, can't find one, so oh well! I have one Christmas item out and some gifts to be wrapped sitting on the floor. I need to find some spirit somewhere!!!

Jill said...

I think your tree looks fine. But you have to be careful how you spell "nekkid" (naked). Louis Grizzard has a defnition of "nekkid". :)
Good luck with your presents. We put a few under the tree . . . and when Olivia found them, we promptly removed them. lol. I can't wait to see how you decorate!

Nancy Booth said...

hahahaha. Ya'll are so funny. I'm sorry Tim is going to kill you but tell him to wait until after Christmas or we'll have no where to go, OK? Where are the pics of Lilah in the box?

Ann said...

Kelly,

I found your link on Scott's blog. Hope you remember me, Ann Williams now Jordan.

I saw your Dad in Mobile a few months ago. It is nice to be able to catch up with the Booth Family. What's wrong with blue wrapping paper? :)

Ann