Friday, June 18, 2010

Scout camp post 2

McGwire was in charge of feeding the gang one meal (I guess they all took turns, but who knows?) and he chose to make hobo meals. Tim said they turned out great and everyone raved about how delicious it was.





I have no idea how to make a hobo meal, but I am sure no one is suprised at that. I think you cut up potatoes, carrots, onions and hamburger meat, wrap it in foil and throw it on the grill.

Looks delish!

The chef with his masterpiece.


Our friend Jim, who is Jonathon from hockey's dad, enjoying McG's creation.


McGwire had been talking alot about and excited to participate in the "polar bear club" but I was never sure what he was talking about. Apparently it is a small waterfall that flows freezing cold water. Each person has to sit under the cold water for as long as they can and who ever stays under the longest wins. McGwire was the winner at 20 minutes.
Crazy boy!!




I love these next few pictures!




I guess I should have waited to post explainations to these pictures when McGwire was around to actually explain to me what's going on in them but it's too late now.
I think this was the flag raising ceremony on day 2.




3 comments:

Bev said...

Great pictures. I had know idea McGwire could cook. He can come here anytime he wants!! I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Tim would be in the brook in his underwear in March jumping off the tree at that age

Nancy Booth said...

Hey, that looks like the beef stew I'm making for the missionaries. I could have had McG fix it before he left. His looks the best. I love the water pics too. Congratulations on being the winner in the Polar Bear Club. But you had a good practice up here in the river that cold day.

kayla said...

Wow, the hobo meal looks delish!
You gotta come and visit and teach us how to make them!